The Ringer is one of the biggest podcasting networks today, with podcasts covering topics ranging from sports and movies to politics and technology.
On The Ringer network, listeners can find a collection of experts discussing the latest topics in the media. Its founder, Bill Simmons, is highly regarded as heavily influential, with over 5.8 million followers on Twitter and nearly two decades of experience covering pop culture and sports.
We’ve put together some of the most popular podcasts from his network. Here are the 8 best podcasts from The Ringer.
Host: Bill Simmons
What is The Bill Simmons Podcast about?
The most popular and widely listened to podcast from The Ringer is none other than the founder, Bill Simmons.
No topic is off the table with Bill Simmons. He invites amazing guests like Billy Bob Thornton and Chuck Klosterman to share their opinions on modern sports.
Why subscribe to The Bill Simmons Podcast?
Bill Simmons launched his sports writing career with ESPN in 2001. He’s been following sports for over two decades, becoming an expert in all major sports, everything from the MLB to NHL.
His opinions on sports are generally well thought out, offering great insights into the game and analyzing from perspectives that are often overlooked.
Subscribe to The Bill Simmons Podcast on Bullhorn:
- An All-Star Gimmick Worked? Plus: Slam Dunk Fixes, Houston Atrocities and an NBA Crystal Ball with Ryen Russillo
- The 2020 Streaming Wars, Cheating Astros, Cheap-Ass Red Sox, and Rudderless Democrats with Ben Thompson and JackO
- NBA Sleeper Contenders w/ Joe House, plus Dave Grohl on the State of Music in 2020
- Disney CEO Robert Iger on the Streaming Wars, ESPN’s Reset, Jimmy Kimmel’s First Year, and 15 Years of Leadership Lessons
Host: Kevin O’Connor and Chris Vernon
What is The Ringer NBA Show about?
Basketball is quickly becoming the globes most popular sport right behind soccer. Whether it’s because of the fast-paced action or high-flying physical feats, fans of the sport are emerging from all walks of life.
The Ringer NBA Show is a podcast that discusses all the major trends from the National Basketball Association, covering everything from the day-to-day news about the regular season to summer acquisitions.
Why subscribe to The Ringer NBA Show podcast?
Hosts Kevin O’ Connor and Chris Vernon are NBA experts. Kevin O’Connor is an NBA analyst with a wealth of knowledge about the game, publishing well-received content since 2014.
Chris Vernon is an NBA aficionado, who’s also the host of The Chris Vernon Show for Grind City Media and the Grizzlies Live pre- and post-game show for Fox Sports.
Subscribe to The Ringer NBA Show on Bullhorn:
- All-Star Recaps, a Dunk Contest Controversy, and Dame D.O.L.L.A. | Heat Check
- The Sixers Are … Fine? Plus, More Knicks Drama, and Oh My God, Zion | Group Chat
- Toronto Is on a Tear. Plus: Jimmy Butler Is Openly Recruiting Joel Embiid. | The Mismatch
- D’Angelo Russell fo Andrew Wiggins, Andre Iguodala to Miami, and More From the NBA Trade Deadline
Host: Bill Simmons and a roundtable of hosts
What is The Rewatchables about?
Some movies go down in history as culture-defining, either for its redeeming qualities or its shortcomings.
The Rewatchables is a podcast hosted by Bill Simmons and a roundtable of guests taking a second look at many iconic films and offering a modern perspective. They re-watch everything from Stanley Kubrick’s adaptation to Stephen King’s Novel The Shining to Remember the Titans starring Denzel Washington.
Why subscribe to The Rewatchables podcast?
Watching a film the second time around gives audiences much better insights in to the nitty-gritty details of the movie. What’s more, getting a modern perspective on a classic film can often highlight different aspects that were never noticed during its initial release.
The Rewatchables is an amazing podcast for movie connoisseurs looking for more reasons to take another look at some of their favorite films of the past.
Subscribe to The Rewatchables on Bullhorn:
- ‘The Shawshank Redemption’ With Bill Simmons, Chris Ryan, and Bill’s Dad
- ‘Die Hard’ 30th Anniversary With Bill Simmons, Chris Ryan, Jason Concepcion, and Sean Fennessey
- ‘Old School’ With Bill Simmons, Chris Ryan, and Sean Fennessey
- ‘The Departed’ With Bill Simmons and Chris Ryan
Host: Larry Wilmore
What is Larry Wilmore: Black on the Air about?
American pop culture is a hodgepodge of a plethora of different ethnic backgrounds coming together under one nation.
Larry Wilmore: Black on the Air is a podcast discussing the most relevant popular culture topics of the week, talking about everything from politics to sports. Larry Wilmore invites a wide range of popular influences, everyone from politicians to actors, to offer insights on a variety of subjects from refreshing points of view.
Why subscribe to the Larry Wilmore: Black on the Air podcast?
Larry Wilmore is an American actor and the creator of the classic comedy sitcom The Bernie Mac Show and co-creator of the animated comedy The PJs. He’s worked on several other classic sitcoms, including The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and The Jamie Foxx Show.
Subscribe to Larry Wilmore: Black on the Air on Bullhorn:
- Remembering Kobe Bryant, and Nina Turner on the Moment before the Iowa Caucuses
- What the Democrats Need to Do to Win in 2020 With Jon Favreau
- A Mailbag With Bill Simmons and Pete Aronson on Breaking Into the Entertainment Industry and ‘The Bernie Mac Show’
- Malcolm Nance on ‘The Plot to Betray America’
Host: Robert Mays and Kevin Clark
What is The Ringer NFL Show about?
American Football is widely regarded as highly entertaining for its simple-to-understand game design and its extraordinary athletic highlight reels. The Superbowl is one of the most-watched television shows each year, reaching over 100 million viewers annually.
The Ringer NFL Show, hosted by Robert Mays and Kevin Clark, presents the most pressing topics surrounding the National Football League, discussing everything from trade acquisitions to pre-season predictions.
Why subscribe to The Ringer NFL Show podcast?
If you’re a fan of football, The Ringer NFL Show is a must-listen-to podcast. Their entertaining conversations offer new insights on trending topics, often highlighting aspects about the game that haven’t been looked at before, such as which teams will define the offseason and who are likely to have a breakout season.
Subscribe to The Ringer NFL Show on Bullhorn:
- The Irresponsibly Early Top 25 for the 2020 Season
- Offseason Mailbag, Free Agent Landing Spots, Plus Super Bowl Champion Mitchell Schwartz
- The 2019 Fantasy Hangover: Regrets and Achievements
- MVP Mahomes, Andy Reid’s Legacy, Garoppolo’s Future, and More From Super Bowl LIV
6. The Press Box (formally Channel 33)
Host: Bryan Curtis and David Shoemaker
What is The Press Box about?
In the age of information, news travels fast. There’s more news in the world than any one person can keep up with, making it hard to stay on top of the trending topics that are most pressing.
The Press Box is a podcast covering the media’s top headlines, everything from political debates to news related to popular culture. Bryan Curtis and David Shoemaker offering listeners well-informed opinions on a handful of hot topics flooding news stations and twitter feeds.
Why subscribe to The Press Box podcast?
With more information available than ever before, it’s not easy staying on top of what really matters. Bryan Curtis and David Shoemaker give listeners a bird-eye view of the most talked-about topics happening today.
Subscribe to The Press Box on Bullhorn:
- Bloomberg Enters the Race, Nevada Scenarios, and Wes Anderson’s New Yorker Movie
- Bernie Wins New Hampshire. Pete’s Second. Biden Goes Bust.
- Who Really Won Iowa? Plus: Rush Limbaugh and Spotify
- Emergency Podcast: Iowa Meltdown Edition
Host: Juliet Litman
What is Bachelor Party about?
The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, and Bachelor in Paradise are a few of the most-watched television shows across the nation. Fans of the hit reality TV series absolutely love hearing all the gossip involved with the cast, everything from marriages to breakups.
The Bachelor Party is a show hosted by Juliet Litman discussing all things The Bachelor. Litman invites other super fans and cast members from the show to spill the tea on the hottest gossip, giving listeners everything they’re been craving for, from behind-the-scenes insights on what happens when cameras aren’t rolling to what happens to the cast after the season ends.
Why subscribe to the Bachelor Party podcast?
If you’re a fan of The Bachelor like most, you’ll absolutely love the Bachelor Party podcast. Juliet Litman an American journalist and head of production at the Ringer. Her experience in journalism gives her a collection of skills that help her unravel the nuances of The Bachelor series that listeners can greatly appreciate.
Subscribe to Bachelor Party on Bullhorn:
- Peter Heads to Hometowns
- National Holiday: ‘Vanderpump’ Pride Weekend
- Justice for Kelley and the Memes of This ‘Bachelor’ Season
- The Bachelor Is in a MOOD
Host: Sal lacono
What is Against All Odds with Cousin Sal about?
Now that sports-related gambling is allowed, there are more people than ever joining in on the action.
Against All Odds with Cousin Sal is a sports-betting podcast that analyses which positions are likely to win listeners cash. Sal lacono, host of the podcast, offers his opinions on everything from NFL and NHL to the NBA and MLB.
Why subscribe to the Against All Odds with Cousin Sal 1podcast?
Betting on your favorite sports team may not always be the best decision, especially if it’s a team that’s currently in the midst of a losing season. Cousin Sal can help listeners decide which teams are most likely to win by offering insights that can sway the course of the game, discussing everything from injuries to match-up analysis.
Subscribe to Against All Odds with Cousin Sal on Bullhorn:
- NBA All-Star Weekend, March Madness, and Most Fun (Other) Sport To Bet/Watch
- Oscars Betting Preview With Rachel Bonnetta, Plus Super Bowl Sportsbook Roundup With Jay Kornegay
- Prop-a-palooza With Bill Simmons and Priest Holmes
- Early Super Bowl Bets and Jeter in the Hall of Fame
Check out our other lists: